Wednesday, November 19, 2008

100% Sprouted Grain Bread

Yes, you can make it too. It is easy but quite messy and it takes time...
Here are the sprouts, ready to be mashed. I used my Green Power twin gear juicer which mashed the sprouts really nicely. A food processor will do the job too, but you will not end up with the same dough consistency.

Then you add some salt, yeast and sweetener (I used organic agave nectar) and probably some water and vital wheat gluten (optional) and start kneading. This is were the fun starts.

I added the gluten and put it through the juicer together with the sprouts and ended up with a glue paste. I will never make this mistake again. I had to put the dough in the food processor to cut it up to be able to work with it.

Knead. Let it rise in a pan. Bake. That's it. Simple, isn't it? Well, actually not quite. Try it and you will find out. ;-)


Here is the finished loaf. The loaf was light and airy. I will omit the gluten next time and hope it will not come out too dense. I am already sprouting some more grain for my next batch...

No comments: